domingo, 10 de octubre de 2010

I'm SMALL and the world is BIG, but I'm not afraid of ANYTHING

I will use the first entry to say to you all that I can't help you by writing in Spanish, but rather in English. This is because I study Translation and Interpretation and my English teacher wants us to write 4000 words in our own personal blog.
So I’m also using this entry to translate a few quotes that have helped me throughout my life. Enjoy them.

Dying…if that’s the price I have to pay for living, I’ve never bought anything cheaper (vV).

Lately, I've been reflecting on Death and I’ve reached the conclusion that is our very smallest worry (Bacon).

I prefer dying standing up, than living kneeling.

There are just two things infinite: Universe and human stupidity, and I am not sure about the Universe (Einstein).

Do you love life? So don’t waste time, because it is what life is made of.

Who do u think would attend your funeral? It will depend on how you have lived (Coca-Cola AD).

Success is having what you desire; Happiness is desiring what you have.

Life is several blows, and just one is Death (Miguel Hernández).
Beauty isn't based on what you can create, but rather in what you are able to transmit (Txus di Felliato).

I hate what you are saying, but I will fight to my Death for your right to say it (Voltaire).

Never wear your best jeans when you go out to fight for Peace and Liberty (Henrix Ibes).

If you cry because you have lost the Sun, the tears won’t let you to see the stars (Rabindranath Tagore).

Everybody makes mistakes. That’s why they put erasers on pencils (The Simpsons).

In a war, the first two drops are Justice and Love (Txus di Felliato).

There’s only one duty, being happy (Diderot).

You're your words' slave and your silences' owner.

Half of the world has something to say, but it can’t; the other half doesn’t have anything to say, but it never shuts up (Robert Lee Frost).

I'm told: “If you see a slave who's sleeping, don't wake him up, as he could be dreaming about freedom”
I answer: “If you see a slave who's sleeping, wake him up and talk to him about freedom”.

The Devil remains in details. If you don’t pay attention to them, he wins (vV).

Violence is the fear to the others’ principles. (Gandhi).

When you’ve reached the bottom, you can only go upward.

Love grants people the power to destroy you (Stephenie Meyer).

It's impossible to pass through a crowd with Truth's Flame without burning someone's beard...and you'll probably provoke a fire (Lichtenberg).

 It's better to keep your mouth closed and look like an idiot than to open it and clear all doubts up (Groucho Marx).

We must forgive ourselves for everything we didn’t do well, and go ahead (vV).

1 comentario:

  1. MMMMMMM... so interesting quotes, sister! but you have forgotten one of the most important quotes... ''To presented horse, don't look at the teeth''. And ''From lost to the river''

    ResponderEliminar