martes, 29 de marzo de 2011

- I DARE YOU TO LIVE THE LIFESTYLE YOU HAVE ALWAYS DREAMT OF -MMM...CHALLENGE ACCEPTED

Dare you to move by Switchfoot is the other song I wanted to treat here.
Well, I first heard this song while I was watching the movie A walk to remember, but I did not pay attention to it. Was the second time I watched the movie when I really listened to it and I really liked it, but the problem was that I had no Internet so I could not listen to it again and look for the lyrics. So, the time passed by up until I saw this film for the third (and also last) time and I took the name of such song. Then, when I arrived home, I searched it for in the Internet and I listened to it carefully, reading the lyrics at the same time...about it, I should say that it really reached my heart.
I think I should add that I was then in a very stressed stage of my life, because I had realized that there is almost no time in Life for doing all those things I would like to do, and this song, as the title shows, urges you to move. I would like to travel a lot, to learn music, study cinema and to dance…so many things in little time, and when I listened to this song I felt as if two strong hands would stand me up and encourage me to make my dreams come true.
For you to understand me, I will explain to you things I like from this song.
The first thing I do liked from Dare you to move was the beginning, because it says to us all “Welcome to the planet, welcome to existence”, as if we were just born and a person who is very old and/or knows a lot about life, welcomes us.
On the chorus, appear the two most urged sentences, which say “I dare you to move, I dare you to lift yourself up of the floor”. These two statements are the ones which made me feel the needing to stand up and start doing what I really want to do with my life. I could feel how they urged me, how they whispered screams to me telling me to live my life the way I want to. Moreover, I liked that it says that you should grew accustom to fall and that you also have the obligation to lift up by yourself, to keep on fighting until the end although nobody give you any support.
To finish up, I would like to highlight two rhetorical questions the song has: “Where can you run to escape from yourself? Where are you gonna go?” and a kind of answer it gives is “Salvation is here”. In my opinion, the former rhetorical question is the best one because there are lots of people that try to be someone who really are not because they want to be accepted by the crowd, they are running away from what they are, but I think they should defend who they are and to be always proud of it…because I believe that you are going to be your entire life with yourself, so the sooner you get used to yourself the better will it be for you. And the later question just gives strength to the previous one, as saying to all those people who are almost afraid of themselves that they have no chance, they cannot go anywhere…you are who you are, and that is all. By the way, for me, the last statement is saying to us all that we cannot do the things right for come into some Heaven; we just have this world to be good or bad, and I think in the end we are our own judges. So, if we do something we know that is betraying our beliefs, we have to get better in that subject only for us, because the salvation is being who you are and to do all the good you can. If you do not meet these requirements, you will make your life your own Hell.
So, finally, I would like to add that this beautiful song urged me to want to get my aims, as if someone asks me to live the lifestyle I have always dreamt of, I will say yes, challenge accepted.

P.S: Once again, here I leave you the song for you to feel the needing of running away from wherever you are now, of bringing to life all those dreams you have ever dared to live before.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario